Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Flower Vendor (Girl with Lilies)

 >
The Flower Vendor (Girl with Lilies
Diego Rivera
Oil on Masonite

When I first viewed this painting something hit me instantly when I gazed upon the beauty and unique quality of this art work. I realize that this is not the first time I have gazed upon this painting.
I first saw a poster of this painting when I was in the second grade. I never thought this painting was just in Pasadena in the Norton Simon Museum.
The Flower Vendor is painted by Diego Rivera in 1941. At a very young age Diego Rivera entered art school and moved to Europe in 1907. He was influenced by the Italian muralists and contemporary French painters. He became a mural painter since returning home 1921 to Mexico.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home