Monday, February 15, 2010

The Three Lovely "57 Underground" Artists

These three lovely ladies are the artist and creator to the art works on display throughout the 57 Underground Gallery. To the left we have the ceramic artist Desiree Engel. She been working with ceramics for over 14 years and she also teaches students and adults on ceramics arts.
Then we have in the middle Janet Adams, at the time she was sitting down working on another projects. She was treading beads on fabric, as I watched her work, I notice she carefully choices all the different beads. Adams works was so full of carefully plans details, she showed it to me as I walked by and we spend some time talking about her works on displayed.
 Then to the right, Janice DeLoof, she was very welcoming and amazing. When I was talking pictures of her works she came up to me and at first I did not know what she wanted because I was not expecting a stranger to talk to me. Then she told me who she was the artist of the works I been taking pictures of. She talked to me about the meaning behind some of the acrylic, pastel on embossed paper works. Each one of her works cost over $700 - $900 dollars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home