Sunday, March 14, 2010

 Monte Vista -->
 Acrylic on Canvas
$7,500.00

This painting is called Monte Vista a acrylic painting on canvas that cost 7,500.00 at the dA gallery. As I walked around with my friends, I remember this painting capturing my eyes, from up close the brush strokes are noticeable.
The dark shade of green on the lower mountains to me looks like its computer generated into the painting. I don't believe it fits very well in the painting the way it was painted. Nonetheless, the three panels are beautiful, I definitely love the painted skies because of the colors. Actually, thinking about it, I wonder if the sun is setting or raising? The colors and sun light does not make it very clear to me because the sky looks like it was once dark from the right corner with the clouds, however the sun looks like it is setting because of the colors that I identify a sun set color as. A like hind of red in the setting glow of the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home