Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In Combat

<< In Combat
     Juan Thorp

This painting is a series of "Mechanos." Mechanos are blocks like shapes drawn in isometric perspective. When I first saw this drawing I really did not know what this blocking looking thing in the middle of the art work was about. I saw lines of different colors, that was all jumbo together to form a round ball looking object. I admit I really did not care what it was about because I did not stop long enough to take a better look at it.
However, I keep walking through that area while

I was still at the gallery so then
I decided to take a picture of this painting anyways. What I saw through my camera was not what I expected,
it actually shocked and surprised me. Through my camera I could make out a lion and a human in combat. The human has the lion in a head locked position.
Then I read what the artist has wrote about his work and what this piece was really about. I found out that it was actually Hercules and the Nimean Lion in combat.



Hercules and the Nimean Lion >>
Giuseppe Niccolo Vicentino 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home